Inspiring Change Through Literature and Media
At 14 days into the New Year, I have seen and heard all kinds of goals and resolutions from different quarters: Financial, Career, Personal, Spiritual, Relationship, Health, Fitness goals, – you name it! Some very realistic and achievable; others not so doable. Not because those involved failed to follow the ABCs of goal-setting, but more for people being too hard on themselves…
Imagine someone who has been addicted to a high sugar diet trying to make an overnight shift without expecting his taste buds and entire system to rebel and lead him into even greater cravings and indulgences; or someone who has been overweight almost all her life hoping to drop two sizes down in a month and to maintain the new dress size with minimal struggles… Of course, like the goddess that I am, I can tell where the story will end before it even begins…
You never know what you’re missing by not doing some things until you start doing them. Likewise, you wouldn’t know the value of some things you do until you stop.
In any case, I have resolved to not overload myself with laborious goals this New Year, but to rather make some few necessary adjustments to my lifestyle and to acquire new new skills and better habits – living life one day at a time and inching towards progress one step at a time.
In the next few days, I will be sharing with you my simple list of Few Things To Do or Start Doing This New Year. I’m sure you will enjoy it.
Let’s start from here: 1. Devotion and Fellowship With God:
As a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it is pertinent to reiterate that the purpose of church is for fellowship and for equipping the saints for victorious living. Waiting till mid week service or every next Sunday to pray, study the Bible, worship, breathe is not the intention. I know we all know these things, however, for most, the hustles of living takes the lead every now and then when interests collide. Living this way could be outright disastrous.
This is what you should start doing:
1. Ensure to appear before God everyday for a quality time of devotion. Just thirty minutes will make a world of difference. During that shirt time, worship, pray and ensure to do the following things as well:
2. Read your Bible everyday. If Bible In One Year and other lengthy Bible Study Plans wouldn’t work, start with just few verses, say five or ten per day: as long as you take in something every single day. Most devotional guides offer brilliant assistant as well as giving fresh insights you require to rule your day… You can download free copies of my Devotional Series Miracle For You Each Day here for a start.
Command your day each morning. Life wouldn’t cooperate but would rather run its own course if you allow it.
3. Speak in tongues everyday. You never know what you’re missing by not doing some things until you start doing them. Likewise, you wouldn’t know the value of some things you do until you stop. Praying in tongues is one of such practices. I will do a series on this subject on Each Day Online in the course of the year. However, as a Christian, you should realize that this is what energizes your spirit man, lights up your candle, and builds your capacity and ruggedness on the inside such that the pressures of life don’t throw you helter-shelter nor mesmerize you on the outside. For you can do all things and you know all things through the Unction of the Holy One on the inside. This is what grants your spirit a direct access to heaven’s wealth of strength, wisdom and inspiration required to be on top of your game as you go about your daily business. This practice is NOT for pastors alone. Fifteen, twenty, thirty minutes a day will do. Please read Power Outage? Change Over and Get Help! , a short true-life account of a young working-class woman for how this practice comes handy in the corporate world.
4. Command your day each morning. Life wouldn’t cooperate but would rather run its own course if you allow it. Imagine just turning the ignition, marching the accelerator and allowing your car to run loose without engaging the steering wheel. That exactly is what we do each time we face our day without confessing the word of God. We leave everything to chances. Just anything goes. Each time people don’t take their place in doing things they should as pertaining to life, there is anarchy. You don’t have to go round that circle of confusion again this year.
From today, never leave home without first setting the stage, paving the way and instructing your angels on assignment by speaking one, two, three promises of God concerning you into the atmosphere …
– All things are working together for my good
– I’m highly favoured today and my entire household
– I’m empowered to prosper
– I have the upper hand over every life’s challenge and difficult circumstances
– I can never be stranded
– I will run and not be weary, walk and not faint
– I am protected. No evil befalls me and my entire household. Etc.
Doing these things daily is not far-fetched. You can achieve all by setting your alarm just thirty minutes earlier, and also by taking advantage of the little solitude which fill your day. Like the solitude of the to-and-fro work bumper to bumper traffic. While it’s good to listen to the radio, you can also plan to spend few minutes praying in the Spirit under your breath while you listen to few verses on tape at those times.
If you’d make fellowship with God a priority, consistently engaging in these practices, in just thirty days, you will wonder how you ever survived without His glory for so long. For then you will realize the difference between really living and merely existing.
Funmi Adebayo © 2016